Rose and crown chat room

champion

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
An Observation as to the forum - The brilliant facility for live chat however it is usually un-used.

Has anyone Considered Having a virtual club night on the forums Chat room?

Think of it like a Rose and crown chat room 'Happy hour' once every so often when people can sign on to chat no matter where in the world they are?

Would anyone be interested? If so when?

Piston Pete

VOC Member
Excellent suggestion .I have been a frequent and lonley visitor to the chat room:(....could you please schedule the virtual club night to coincide with our weekly shopping night ,then I would have a semi-legitimate reason to stay at home !!!!....

mr.hutch

VOC Member
:confused: Yes , I agree, I have never seen it used, but when on earth would be a convenient time for members on a global scale to get involved?
Personaly, I don't think " club night", at perhaps 7 am or earlier has the same attraction as it might, but I still think the idea has potential.
Maybe there is some way of balancing it out, like, this time guys, "Club Night" is at breakfast, next time it could be more like the accepted "night" time!
I don't realy know, but its still a good idea, but then maybe, just maybe, people are reluctant to communicate.

Go carefully.

Piston Pete

VOC Member
Yes ,I do think the global nature of the club mitigates against a set club night .Also the bad press that chat rooms generally have ,may deter some people .The detailed technical issues are better dealt with via the forum proper ,but the chat room is great for making connections with VOC members that I may never meet .

What about trying to get people to log on to the room over Christmas ,to see how many we can muster ....if people use the room once ,they may return.......:D

champion

VOC Member
That is a Very good idea!

(Any idea if it would be possible / sensible / difficult to put a note about it in MPH?)

lindie

Non-VOC Member
any update on the aforementioned happy hour schedule? being nocturnal has some perks insofar as internationality is concerned.

Last edited: