Roger & Kay Lord

Trogolodyte

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
My brother VOC member Roger Lord and his wife Kay, had a crash this evening. It looks like the gearbox seized on their HRD Vincent series 'B' rapide and they got thrown off. Roger got away with a possible broken foot but Kay is in much worse condition and has a possible broken pelvis. They are both in the James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough.

I will post updates as and when I can

Alasdair Lord

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sorry to read your posting of Roger & Kay, please give them both our best wishes for a speedy recovery. Irene & John Ulver, Pacific Northwest section.

Ken Tidswell

VOC Member
Roger is currently eating a Pizza so it can't be all bad Kay is in the high dependancy unit so that can't be good , He is in ward 37
tel no 01642854 537. I will also ring in the morning, they are 80 miles from where i live. Ken tidswell

Colin

VOC Member
Send them all our best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery and keep us posted asto progress
Best Wishes Colin & Wendy

deejay499

VOC Member
So sorry to hear the news of Roger and Kay. Best wishes for things to go well.
Dave & Yvonne J.

Trogolodyte

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Message straight from the horses mouth (so to speak)

[/FONT] Roger here. both of us are doing ok, kay is very poorly, but she is stable. Her pelvis is fractured in several places, its not that they dont know what to do more that they are debating what is the better way to go. Either leave as it is and just let it heal or, operate and wire her pelvis up. I have a small evuncular fracture of the ankle and not a torn ligament and no cast. I now have a pair of crutches, had my first shower, man that felt good. and I am mobile once more, though I wont win any races. Worried about Kay but glad that she is in very good hands.​