Roger Edwards 01.GIF

Roger Edwards 02.GIF

Roger Edwards 03.GIF

Roger Edwards 04.GIF

David

Len Matthews

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
That outfit was known as the Pig Pen Special on account of it's state when Roger Edwards found it after which it was immaculate. I believe it's one those Peter Russell outfits referred to in an earlier post. Edwards was sponsored by Tom Kirby of Hornchurch and because there no publicity value in racing a Vincent I believe Edwards moved to Norton power with little success compared to the Stevenage engine used previously.

roger edwards

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Dear Chris,
Thanks for the OLD fellow on a Vincent outfit ! .Yes the outfit was ex- peter Russel. I bought it from Jack Trustam For the princely sum of £300 ,£100 down and £10 a week at the end of 1969.I had met the late Jack a few years earlier when I bought some spares for my road Vin and later made some valves for his bike,which led to helping him Every evening after working on the bike would be finished with BOVRIL ,Ok if you like it but. He later purchased Gerry Boreys' mini wheel machine ,but eventually bought the bike back from me .As far as I know its now somewhere in Holland .Unfortunately some one put a mini wheel in the rear.Finally Tom Kirby was my nearest motorcycle shop but he didnt sponsor me .That was down to me and a bunch of pals who used to pay for petrol etc.As for the Norton we were all skint so when Vincent Davey of Gus Kuhn offered a motor I took it with both hands. happy days.
Roger
PS what else are kitchens for ?

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Dear Chris,
Thanks for the OLD fellow on a Vincent outfit ! .Yes the outfit was ex- peter Russel. I bought it from Jack Trustam For the princely sum of £300 ,£100 down and £10 a week at the end of 1969.I had met the late Jack a few years earlier when I bought some spares for my road Vin and later made some valves for his bike,which led to helping him Every evening after working on the bike would be finished with BOVRIL ,Ok if you like it but. He later purchased Gerry Boreys' mini wheel machine ,but eventually bought the bike back from me .As far as I know its now somewhere in Holland .Unfortunately some one put a mini wheel in the rear.Finally Tom Kirby was my nearest motorcycle shop but he didnt sponsor me .That was down to me and a bunch of pals who used to pay for petrol etc.As for the Norton we were all skint so when Vincent Davey of Gus Kuhn offered a motor I took it with both hands. happy days.
Roger
PS what else are kitchens for ?
Roger, sorry about the Tom Kirby sponsorship. It may be that red livery misled me as his solos were painted thus.

roger edwards

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Dear Len,
No worries.Originally we did have an all Black colour scheme but a fellow where I worked said Vauxhall Red would be worth lap time so along with the £28 yellow leathers from Rivets ,as the original second hand black set were miles to big .we had a go.
In the second picture you may notice that the fairing is cracked and that there is a tyre mark on the nose cone.These came off Charlie Daynes Vincent which I had drfted into coming out of Clearways.

davidd

VOC Member
Roger,

Thank you so much for your racing comments! So many of the racers of this period are not around. Sorry I don't have more photos of you.

David