ET: Engine (Twin) Rocker oil feed

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Bruce, What ever I say , Is only my thoughts ! ,,
Although the Spares Company have seen fit to grind a bit, As I have shown In there Add,
A lot depends on what cams are used, I always use Mk2, Race cams,
And how deep the Vale seats are cut,
The last one I did , I was shocked how much loss ! , Of movement there was after fitting ,
Spares Company oil feed bolts,
So for me !! I am not going to take that risk, I ground a LOT off the old rocker arms,
But that is just me !.
I think it was our Stu who said it is not needed, So take your pick !.
Cheers Bill.

delboy

VOC Member
Hi all,
I just got a message saying my post was a duplicate and has been deleted-
but I can't see my original post here either!??
Regards,
Delboy

delboy

VOC Member
Seems to have popped back, Thanks. Although it wasn't much help, apart from having seen this type before. I rather think I had one or both on my Comet. It was a Hillgate Motors rebuild as I recall. No idea if they fitted them though.
Age. Brain fade, etc.
regards,
Delboy

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
Seems to have popped back, Thanks. Although it wasn't much help, apart from having seen this type before. I rather think I had one or both on my Comet. It was a Hillgate Motors rebuild as I recall. No idea if they fitted them though.
Age. Brain fade, etc.
regards,
Delboy
Interestingly I have a third altenative in one of my Comets. These are original feed bolts modified with a very small Allen key fitted inside the feed bolt tightened to a matching collar in the rocker bearing. I have no idea how the oil exits to the rocker pin as I have had no cause to remove them in my twenty years of ownership. This mod is mentioned in Forty Years On (which I do not have to hand at the moment). The advantage with them is that the feed bolt still screws into the head and thus prevents fretting the threads in the head and seems to be less prone to leak at the banjo.