rocker gaskets & washers

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can anyone tell me what size the copper washers (ET189) on the rocker feed bolts should be?
I had a weep from one of the washers (also ET189 on my parts list) this weekend and decided to take the whole rocker feed off and replace all the washers.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have the copper ones in my box of spares and had to clean up and reuse the old ones. When I cleaned them and put them on the setpins, the outside diameter is a bit bigger than across the corners of the setpin (ET188), but the inside diameter is probably 2 mm bigger than the thread. I expected them to be a close fit on the thread, have I got the wrong washers, or have they got a big clearance for a reason?

H

Ps while changing these, I noticed my reflection in the petrol tank, and I looked very old. Is it just mine, or has everyone else’s petrol tank distorted over the years? I blame this new petrol!!

tonythecat

Non-VOC Member
Howard, dont bother with the copper washers etc. get a set of Neal Videans "Oil Leak Eliminators", from Vince Farrell and say goodbye to oil leaks and weeps.

Tony

vibrac

VOC Member
At the very least heat the washers to cherry red and drop them in cold water to aneal then