E: Engine Rocker bearing dimension

Paul66

Forum User
VOC Member
Hello,

my name ist Paul, i'm a dutchman living in Switzerland, currently working on my Comet to get it back on the road.

This forum is a great place and big treasury of information. I'm new into Vincents, and up up to now, i've found all the answers in here to the many questions, excluding this one:
Please, what is the diameter of the alloy rocker bearing, original and oversize? As i want to determine, which ones i have on hand. And how much is the length of the longer ones?
Due to wear, the rocker tunnels on my bike have a slight recess in the upper region, Richardson's ET100 mod has been incorporated already.

Attached, there's a pic taken before dismantling the bike. If anyone has information on the history of this Comet (registration FFE714) or even pics from the past, i would be very pleased to read or see...

Thanks for your help, all the best to all of you!
P1060422.JPG

Paul

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Not a lot of help but I have FFE720 ( bought from Ted Davis in 1977) and have seen a couple more FFE plates at VOC rallies.
i do envy that wall behind the bike.

Vincent Brake

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Its best to ( kotteren) line mill the rocker tunnel Paul.
And turn an OSise bearing down to suit.

neal videan has long OS but not much OS there.
An other is Maughans.

Anyway the ET 100/1 nut is a good one, and if not always raced, it could stay. OK.
Than if the wear is warped. Thats no good.

Cheers

Paul66

Forum User
VOC Member
b'knighted: That wall is in our amateur workshop, we're ten pals renting this together since many years.
Vincent Brake: I'll have a closer look at the wear in the tunnels.
clevtrev: So my rocker bearings have the original size, as i have measured 1.350" on mine, too.
Thanks a lot for all your answers, Paul.