• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

    Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

    You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

    If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

    If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Road Tax

Graham Smith

Forum Website Webmaster
VOC Member
VOC Forum Website Administrator
1. Does anyone know how much 12 months' road tax for 1000cc motorcycles used to be back in 1951?

2. Would it be the same price for a 500cc?

I'm guessing it might be written on an old tax disc if anyone has one going back that far?


Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Go to the guy who makes replica road tax discs he made me one for my 52Trophy with the rate ,date of registration and post office in oxford where it was registered (I told him the last three items) got to do something with the tax disc holder after November.
Thankyou Oxfordcouncil for saving the records and eternal damnation on the authorities that scrapped them - they are not worthy to talk about history


Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
the best I can do for the twin, is £1/7/6. but this is dated much later, 1957. It went up to an amazing £2/4/o, in 1960.

Cheers John H
Warning! This thread is more than 8yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.