RK Leighton - First Class!

youngjohn

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just had my seat recovered with new foam by RK Leighton. Top class job, turned round in a week, all for £100. Couldn't ask for more. Thoroughly recommended.

Albervin

VOC Member
They did a seat for me (Not a Vincent)some years ago. Good to hear they still give 1st class service.

A_HRD

VOC Member
Leighton Seats

Their service is indeed good. But I am led to believe they don't put the internal metalware in their seats. Given that most of us are somewhat larger and heavier these days, than the average 1950s bloke, that worries me! [NEW NOTE: PLEASE SEE MY AMENDMENT BELOW, Peter]. Its a pity too that they don't use Phil Primmer's mould for a longer seat-hump on their longer Vin seats; instead they use a std one and add a bit of gash tinplate to make-up the length. Ugly and unprofessional.

Peter

Last edited:

youngjohn

Non-VOC Member
As I said in my original post, they re-covered and re-foamed my original seat base, so I can't comment on their bases, but I can, through first hand experience, say that the cover, foam and service are absolutely first class.

nkt267

VOC Member
The long seat is GREAT.I no longer have to ride perched on the petrol cap:eek:.I can't see under the seat when I'm riding and have never had the mudguard hit the seat base, although I did have to raise the rear footrest for 'her of the tiddly legs' as the foam is slightly deeper than the original. Now my back is colder as well.John

A_HRD

VOC Member
I am led to believe they don't put the internal metalware in their seats. Given that most of us are somewhat larger and heavier these days, than the average 1950s bloke, that worries me! [NEW NOTE: PLEASE SEE MY AMENDMENT BELOW, Peter].
Peter

Since writing the above note, I have received reliable information that Leightons DO fit the appropriate internal metalware in their seats.
Happy to right a wrong... now I can eat puddings again!

Peter