RIP Terry Wade Vincent employee, can anyone bring a Vincent to his funeral?

ngzzr

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Terry Wade joined Vincent’s aged 14 in 1939 working in the machine shop, When he reached 18 he joined the RAF as a tail gunner on Liberator bombers, Returning to Vincent’s in 1947 he worked in the Servicing department and then engine development in the test house. We joke that Terry was one of the last to leave when Vincent’s closed and had to turn out the lights. Terry met Dorothy at Vincent’s before the war when she was 14 and they married when Terry returned after demob. They have been married over 60 years. Terry passed away after a short illness on Monday 28[SUP]th[/SUP] of May. Terry’s Funeral will be held at Harwood Park, Watton Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG2 8XT on Tuesday the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] of June at 2.45pm. It would be wonderful if someone could be so kind as to park a Vincent at the entrance of the service. I can be contacted on 07796442251 Nick Garland.

ngzzr

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Many thanks to Bob Culver for bring his Black Shadow to see Terry off.

I would like to publicly thank Bob Culver for bringing his Black Shadow to Terry Wade's Funeral. After being given Bob's contact details via this forum I had spoken to Bob on the telephone before the service, but with the weather forecast we had I had not expected Bob to able to bring a bike on the day. However while not sunny the rain stayed away and there parked right by the entrance was a beautiful Black Shadow. On Meeting Bob (for the very first time) he then gave me 3 copies of a photo of Terry and his wife Dorothy riding the very same Vincent in the 1980's at a meeting in Walkern near Stevenage. He had caught Terry with his grin plastered on his face just as we remember him. When the service reached that point and the curtains closed Dorothy was understandably very upset and I passed her Bob's photo of her husband and her on the Vincent. It was so good to be able to pass her such a good memory at such a sad time. When the service finished and we walked out to the courtyard we found that Bob had moved the Vincent to the courtyard so we had the perfect talking point to remember Terry with. I could not have asked for more and Bob and his Vincent lifted the day. I am very grateful for all he has done. Thank you for all you have done Bob Culver. Regards Nick Garland

Last edited: