RIP: Bev Bowen

G

Graham Smith

Bev @RedRyder and I have been regular e-mail buddies for the last 15 years since I took over MPH from Robert. He was always a great supporter of the Club and MPH in particular.

Although we'd never met in person, he came across as a thoroughly nice man whose family meant everything to him. I very much enjoyed communicating with him.

I last spoke to Bev a fortnight ago, and he was telling me that he'd now slowed way down, as after six years with pancreatic cancer there was no more approved medications that he could take - plus over 60 treatments have taken a bit out of what was, an energetic body.

He told me that he was thankful that he was as well as he was.

From me, Sally, Josh, Matthew and Abigail to Miss Gail, Abigail, Temple and his grand children, we send our sincere condolences.

Ride fast Bev. x

MPH 870 RGB.jpg

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
We are terribly sad to hear our friend Bev has passed away. Gail and Bev stayed with us in Skamania and we became good friends and always kept in touch, whether it was sending Ukulele videos back and forth, joking around, politics or, meeting up at a Rally. We will really miss him.

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
So sad. I communicated with Bev many times over the years about Series 'A' matters - and we traded parts back and forth. It was he who answered my plea for an 'A' RFM about 10 years ago. Whats more, the postage was free thanks to Bev arranging an alignment of "VOC couriers" across the USA - ending half way down Florida where I was able to collect it in a giant suitcase, padded-out with (nearly) all Mandy's clothes for the trip back to UK.

Bev was one of the best. It was an honour and a privilege to have known him.

Condolences to the family,

Peter Barker

G

Graham Smith

Peter - I remember your quest to get a Series 'A' RFM in MPH all those years ago - it seemed like you were advertising for ages.

I didn't know it was Bev who was able to sort you out.