Rider's Handbook- for your bike?

reggie3cl

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Evening Gentlemen

Although regrettably I am not a Vincent owner (I've been a Laverda man for well over a decade now), I have been given a Rider's Handbook for the B and C series bikes which may possibly belong to one of your machines.

On the back page above the Performance Characteristics table someone has noted the engine no. F 10 AB/2B/11043 and frame number RD 12943 B/F. The book is in reasonable condition, and if anyone can prove that they own the bike the book belongs with - maybe with a picture of the engine number- they are welcome to have it.

All the best

Reggie

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Reggie,
That's a D Black Prince's numbers. I've fwd. this to Dave Hills, who is the "D" Guru. If the bike is known, Dave will know who owns it.
Thanks for your generosity, John;-)

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
We did something similar in So Cal. I was over at one owners home, and was looking at a Riders Handbook he had, and I recognised the engine number someone had written in the book as the bike someone else in the section owned. I called the other owner right then, and they made arrangements to swap one handbook for the other, pretty neat deal. Thanks for being so thoughtful.

reggie3cl

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
No problem, I believe the book has a rightful owner somewhere. Interesting that the numbers are from a Series D, but the book is for the B and Cs. I suppose things being what they were at the factory they didn't get round to doing another manual for the later bikes- or am I wrong?

mercurycrest

VOC Member
[QUOTE I suppose things being what they were at the factory they didn't get round to doing another manual for the later bikes- or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]
That's probably correct, Reggie..... Hmmmm, now I think I'll fire up the '78 Jarama, with the full Jota kit that I bought new that year, go for a ride and listen to some
180 deg. Italian Music. :D
Cheers, John

reggie3cl

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Nice. I had a 77 Jarama for about 10 years, when it was finished it had the inevitable Jota pipes, JE forged pistons, F1 (RGS) cams, Mikuni RS36s, IIS ignition, GSXR1100 wheels and discs, Brembo four pots, revalved shortened front forks and a very bad attitude! I regret selling it of course, but the RGS suits me better, although I have started the same process of modifications- the Suzuki wheels have just gone on the bike recently.

vince998

VOC Member
Only 3 numbers before mine!!
Hope it finds it´s owner and a very nice gesture Reggie.
Evening Gentlemen

Although regrettably I am not a Vincent owner (I've been a Laverda man for well over a decade now), I have been given a Rider's Handbook for the B and C series bikes which may possibly belong to one of your machines.

On the back page above the Performance Characteristics table someone has noted the engine no. F 10 AB/2B/11043 and frame number RD 12943 B/F. The book is in reasonable condition, and if anyone can prove that they own the bike the book belongs with - maybe with a picture of the engine number- they are welcome to have it.

All the best

Reggie