Ride Out Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Shackleton was this country's greatest's polar explorer, he, unlike Scot, brought all his men back alive.
Alas on a further expedition to the Antarctic he succumbed to a heart attack.
stumpy
`Twas my Great Uncle who was one of the search party that found the Scott party`s final resting place. He went on both of Scotts expeditions to the antarctic.
Thomas Williamson Antarctic expedition will google him.
This plate is my record of the event, part of the ships mess equipment.
DSCF0699.JPG
DSCF0699.JPG

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The often forgotten hero of that epic expedition. Is his captain Frank Worsley always loyal who did not think they could navigate the sea ice but went in anyway and it was his feat of seamanship of navigating from elephant island to South Georgia that saved every one a great New Zealander.

Gilli

VOC Hon. Secretary
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
This dreadful pandemic has now claimed millions of lives around the world and significantly curtailed our freedom. Whether you’re following the guidelines to protect others, relatives, hospitals or key workers, out of fear of catching the disease or fear of getting a fine, thank you.

Sadly, I am aware of some who think it is clever or funny to ‘bend the rules’, getting ‘lost’ on their Vincent on their way for essential shopping. There are always those who think the rules don’t apply to them or who don’t see the sense of the rules.

Just don’t imagine that the VOC condones this behaviour and don’t be tempted to publish pictures of your ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.