Richardson Book

powella

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Does anyone know if this is Paul Richardson`s signature and why is it on a loose piece of paper.
This is part of a deceased esstate so can`t ask the question.

Attachments

• richardson sig 001.jpg
    richardson sig 001.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 111

powella

Non-VOC Member
Hi Little Honda

Thanks for yor reply , nice to know someone is out there.

Had a " Little Honda " once a CB250T - wrung its neck every day for years to go to work , virtually bomb-proof.

Sold it when the speedo showed 30000 and it was still going.

Cheers Alan.

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
Hi, Alan,
I choosed this nom de plume, cause I still like my 1989 250cc, 4cyl- twin cam, 4 valve, 20.000rpm little Honda
CBR250R, which is an unforgettable experience to ride. This little masterpiece of motorcycle- engineering is a demonstration of the world´s largest motorcycle manufacturer of his abilities, been built without economical
restrictions. It is still unparalleled 30 years later by any other motorcycle in this class.
You cannot simply ride it like any other electronically controlled heavy, overpowered modern bike. You must
always be aware, how it works and concentrate on its power caracteristics and learn a very precise riding style.
Only then, you will enjoy to dance with it, astonishing any other rider on machines of 4 times the power of
your 45hp - bee. Its breaking abilities have to be learned, it´s unbelievable! It feels, if the dentist is pulling your
teeth! All in all, most reliable, also at highest level of rpm, always clean, no engine breathing problems, whatsoever, and will leave its rider with a grin on his face every time, he returns home.
I knew Paul Richardson quite well, have spent many days in his house in Stevenage near the works. He too, liked a little Honda, a CB400 F, aircooled, which was quite popular in these days (late seventies/eighties).
He helped me a lot to rebuild my first Rapide by letting me avoid beginner´s mistakes and is one of the
reasons, that I am still a Vincent man, 50 years later.
cheers, Michael

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
I can also confirm this is Paul's signature see attached copy of sevice letter about the clutch.

Attachments

• 15768465001111582743907953941250.jpg
    15768465001111582743907953941250.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 39

Cyborg

VOC Member
Hi, Alan,
I choosed this nom de plume, cause I still like my 1989 250cc, 4cyl- twin cam, 4 valve, 20.000rpm little Honda
CBR250R, which is an unforgettable experience to ride. This little masterpiece of motorcycle- engineering is a demonstration of the world´s largest motorcycle manufacturer of his abilities, been built without economical
restrictions. It is still unparalleled 30 years later by any other motorcycle in this class.
You cannot simply ride it like any other electronically controlled heavy, overpowered modern bike. You must
always be aware, how it works and concentrate on its power caracteristics and learn a very precise riding style.
Only then, you will enjoy to dance with it, astonishing any other rider on machines of 4 times the power of
your 45hp - bee. Its breaking abilities have to be learned, it´s unbelievable! It feels, if the dentist is pulling your
teeth! All in all, most reliable, also at highest level of rpm, always clean, no engine breathing problems, whatsoever, and will leave its rider with a grin on his face every time, he returns home.
I knew Paul Richardson quite well, have spent many days in his house in Stevenage near the works. He too, liked a little Honda, a CB400 F, aircooled, which was quite popular in these days (late seventies/eighties).
He helped me a lot to rebuild my first Rapide by letting me avoid beginner´s mistakes and is one of the
reasons, that I am still a Vincent man, 50 years later.
cheers, Michael

I never had the pleasure of riding one of those, but anything along those lines always made me wonder. Idling along at 6,000 rpm and thinking about the fact that you have 14,000 more to go before it starts bumping into the rev limiter. Always wondered why you had that handle. That’s an excellent reason.