Richard Thompson

Upstreeter

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
And why, pray would a female from Puerto Rico not know anything about Black Lightnings? - you sound like the sort of chap that might well have instructed her during your marriage. My point was not at all that RT was an expert, rather that he has done a great deal to create interest in the Vincent name (not deliberately) amongst people other than those who already own the things. I've no knowledge of his expertise in the identification of MG gearboxes but doubtless you are also correct on this point too.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Mark Knophler and Emmylou Harris
All the Road Running
Track 4 Red Staggerwing

If I were a motorcycle, A Vincent Red Rapide
I 'd ride around to your house baby
get you up to speed

I heard at one time that Mark owned a Vincent?

Robert

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Yes, Robert, I was sitting in waiting area of our local tyre & exhaust centre reading a magazine issued by Honda. In it was an interview with Mark Knopfler. When questioned about what bikes owned he listed various oriental exotica and went on to say "I also have a Vincent Black Shadow." Also, a while ago a certain "M.Knopfler-London" was shown in the New Members list in MPH.

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
Mark Knopfler was signed up to attend the VOC 1999 IoM Rally, hence having to become a member, but work commitments (if you call buming around playing music work?) prevented him attending!
Ian S

Len Matthews

VOC Member
While we're in muscical mode, am I right in recalling Pete Barker performing a re-written version of Don Maclean's "Vincent" at one of rallies?

A_HRD

VOC Member
Music (sic)

While we're in muscical mode, am I right in recalling Pete Barker performing a re-written version of Don Maclean's "Vincent" at one of rallies?

Er, yes, but please don't remind me! My contribution was awful, :eek: but Liz Shinn did much better in accompanying me with guitar and vocals. It was at an Annual Dinner 25 Years Ago..... So where did the time go? :confused:

Peter Barker
Bristol, UK.

daveinnola

Non-VOC Member
And why, pray would a female from Puerto Rico not know anything about Black Lightnings? - you sound like the sort of chap that might well have instructed her during your marriage. My point was not at all that RT was an expert, rather that he has done a great deal to create interest in the Vincent name (not deliberately) amongst people other than those who already own the things. I've no knowledge of his expertise in the identification of MG gearboxes but doubtless you are also correct on this point too.
lol boy you didnt know my ex lol instructed , yes i put up a picture of one his male fans that knitted a sweater, with the lyrics on it , but as a song it aint much cop compeared to his ode to the mg b gt ( he collects them) rt is still a class act but i dont realy think he has done a better album overall that shoot out the lights with his ex linda :p

wld50

Non-VOC Member
U-tube version of VBL 1952

Many of you will know the Richard Thompson song 'Vincent Black Lightning 1952'. Those of you fortunate enough to buy the RT boxed set thingy by Free Reed will find a facsimile Vincent brochure therein. Sadly it's the best designed part of the whole production. Luckily the music is great enough to overcome this disappointment. 'VBL 1952' still remains one of his most requested songs at gigs.

see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKTzwaEa2o&feature=related