RH Self-Agreed Value

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
They say that if you stay with a Company every year, You are an easy touch, Like ME !.
I am no good at trying to get the price down , But my Wife can always do it !.
They are taking the pee.

vibrac

VOC Member
I was told the other day by a third party that Hagerty Insurance in UK will give approx 30% extra discount if you have 6 or more bikes on their classic insurance. I think they got that info direct from hagerty UK.
They certainly are quick to reduce the premium if you remove one out of the list which is nice. Happily I am still over the six limit

brian gains

VOC Member
i must have spent best part of a day hanging on a phone talking to dimwits trying to arrange insurance. Highlights were; getting quote from Direct Line from comparison site, then phoning them 1st call centre operative had duff line and sounded like a bad northern comic, second operative said their computer was down, with the third operative, despite giving them the quotation reference, i had a most confusing conversation with them confirming completely different figures 'because that's wot my computer sez'. On to Swintons from whom i'd obtained a quote 2 days previously. Went through all the details and.... 'the recovery option only covers the 1st machine and there is a £20 call out fee'. why didn't the ar%e mention that on the initial enquiry as it was a significant feature i requested. by this point i was losing the will to live so went with it, saved over £100 over the Carole Nash 6 wheel policy but by g*d did i have to earn it. Rant over.
I'd urge everyone to shop around despite my experience as I believe the insurers/brokers just rely on complacency.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
The A.A. Says as many call outs as you like !, Then in Small print,
After 5 call outs for the same thing, Push the begger Home !.
I was always told, "Pay up and look big ? " :D .

vibrac

VOC Member
I dont get hassel from Haggerty I ring, talk to the guy who has the authority to make decisions and job done. Be it broadband insurance or electricity the way of following Russian rats on TV is cheaper cheaper cheaper not always a good idea. I guess like most things you get what you pay for

brian gains

VOC Member
and, talking to a friend yesterday she says that by banking with Nationwide her modern Triumph costs £80.00 , yes eighty, to iinsure and continental cover !. but has RAC stand alone policy for recovery.
having worked with insurance co's i fully concur with vibrac's sentiments, insurer's can be as slippy as a slippy thing when it comes to making a claim.