RH Insurance BE CAREFUL!

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I would have to agree with you Eddy.
What other insurance company's are members using? I'm currently with Peter James who still only enforce their garage clause between 10pm and 6am but their premiums have crept up over the last few years.
I changed to Peter James last renewal time. I was with Carol Nash before that. It is worth shopping around but as we have seen it is worth reading the small print to see what, where and how much cover you have actually got.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
A few years ago, My car insurance, A.A. Told me I could not carry a motor vehicle on my Trailer.
The world has gone mad !. Cheers Bill.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I have Hagerty in the States with NO hassles. Also, in Washington State, we have an Insurance Commisioner who’s job is to make sure the insurance companies can’t get away with the stunts we’re reading about here. Maybe you should grab your MP’s by the earlobes and get some overseeing on these rip-off companies?

vibrac

VOC Member
Haggerty is my choice I insure all my bikes and my "historic kit car" (DVLA description not mine!) if I could get my van tin box and modern bike with them I would Its a fair wedge of cash but they dont charge for changes and even towards the end of a season additions and I am covered for the KOP hill climb for free!
Oh and you get to speak to a human being without listening to post 2000 muzak

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
I forgot to mention, the norvin is covered not only to and from the shows, but third party if I need to move it at the venue at no extra cost. Also when it's in the fire-up paddock.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
I have Hagerty in the States with NO hassles. Also, in Washington State, we have an Insurance Commisioner who’s job is to make sure the insurance companies can’t get away with the stunts we’re reading about here. Maybe you should grab your MP’s by the earlobes and get some overseeing on these rip-off companies?
Earlobes!! What about some other 'dangly' bits??

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Well I have just gone with Hagerty. Their garage clause is only in effect between 10pm & 6am and their quote was £120 cheaper than my current insurance provider Peter James. Its a multi bike policy and several are "laid up" as not finished restoration. So they will mix and match. They won't include anything on the multi policy younger than 1990 but that's not a problem for me.
Plus all's you have to do for the agreed value confirmation is send them by email photos of each bike from several angles within 30 days. So no filling forms and getting them signed and no printing photos...easy.

Simon