FT: Frame (Twin) RFM wear through the FT66 bore

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Trailer as in Trailer queens taken to rallies and exhibitions constant hammering of a single roller on one point of the race
The same problem became apparent when cars were transported on railway carriages, damaged wheel bearings on brand new cars.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
From what I've seen, apart from area's around the front fork spindles, most all other grease nipples on a Vincent are useless. All those large cavity areas on the bike you would need to near empty a grease cartridge to fill it enough to get to what you want lubricated, and most all of these areas, you will end up with grease everywhere. It would take a game man with a grease gun to pump some into the brake cam boss and be fully confident that it was not going to end up all over the brake linings. I use grease on assembly and oil for servicing on most lube points on these bikes.
Totally agree. When I replaced the tyres on my Shadow in England there was at least two dessertspoons of grease inside each brake hub. Of course ALL the bushes and studs for the seat mounts and spring mounts were rusty and partially seized. No point in have a well greased RFM if nothing else is moving.