RFM No..

Bob Spaulding

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Where is the RFM No. physically located? Mine has been painted over so that I cannot locate it to satisfy the #7 Machine Data requirement. If you can get me within inches of it, I will gladly sand down to report it.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Left hand side of RFM, forward of the big hole that seems to serve no purpose, and just below the chain adjuster. It makes me wonder what happens if the brazed lug is replaced due to fatigue; does one re-stamp it?:)

deejay499

VOC Member
As Albervin says, mine was brazed over a long time ago. Not bothered to do anything with it, and hasn`t been a problem.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
If you are a current member the registrar guy most likely already knows it. Could't find mine but was already on file. If you really want to remove the paint look at the axle lug on the left side(sitting on it) about 1/4 way down from the top where the lower tube enters it. Try shining a bright torch across it at an angle.

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
If you just want the Frame Number for registration purposes, why not look on the UFM at the front of the steering column?
The RFM may well have been changed over the years, as a quick way of getting rid of cracked parts.