Revolutionary new forks

youngjohn

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
If you're passing a newsagent, take a look at p34 the Feb issue of Performance Bikes and you will see that someone has 'invented' Girdraulic forks (updated with CNC legs and Ohlins shock) and fitted them to an R1. One caption reads " I know the potential is there for this type of design to be superior to telescopic forks".

Add this to Ducati's recent 'invention' of a UFM bolted to the heads and swing arm coming off the rear of the engine, and before long someone may 'invent' a whole Vincent...

John Cone

VOC Member
I notice in all the write ups on that site no one mentions the man Phil himself, perhaps theyv'e never heard of a vincent.

len.c

Non-VOC Member
very interesting ,has it got provision for a good hydraulic steering damper, ?( I only asked) tic
len.c

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I thought the same, Len, But I thought I would upset people, I know someone who is not going to ride his Comet till i've !! fitted a hydraulic damper, It has always been good, But i've had a few warnings, All The Best Bill.

Albervin

VOC Member
I thought the same, Len, But I thought I would upset people, I know someone who is not going to ride his Comet till i've !! fitted a hydraulic damper, It has always been good, But i've had a few warnings, All The Best Bill.
Have I told you about my tank slapper on my C Comet? Ouch! Broken shoulder blade, 2 broken ribs, dislocated knee, concussion and then there were the repair bills. Ouch again. But don't let me put you off :)

jim burgess

VOC Member
you have to admit it is a really good development and the chap clearly knows his business, and yes he does mention vincent right at the start, well done that man!
jim