ET: Engine (Twin) rev counter ratio for rapide engine

Mark Fisher

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have been re-building a very, very poorly constructed norvin over the last year and it has fought me all the way. However it now runs and I have fitted the drive assy for a rev-counter and therefor need a rev-counter. I may well have got this sorted but if this doesn't pan out, I need to know the correct ratio for the clock, in case I have to get one from another source or get one made up from parts. My problem is that I really want to take the bike to Barbers on Oct 7th so I'm up against it time-wise and I will only take it if it is complete and fully functional as I'll be riding it quite a bit while I'm there.
thanks in advance.
mark

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi Mark, The tacho on my Rapide is 4:1 ratio........tacho gearbox on engine is 2:1 Had mine on for several years now, works fine, although i don't really look at it anymore.......they can be another source of oil leak as well.........the gearboxes are quite primitive. Good luck with it ........Cheers......... Greg.

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
Hi Mark, The tacho on my Rapide is 4:1 ratio........tacho gearbox on engine is 2:1 Had mine on for several years now, works fine, although i don't really look at it anymore.......they can be another source of oil leak as well.........the gearboxes are quite primitive. Good luck with it ........Cheers......... Greg.
Thanks guys, 4-1 it is then. The drive and associated parts are from Coventry spares so they should all be correct but it’s only two screws so I’ll check it. At least now I have options if my first choice doesn’t work out.