A: Oil Pipework Return Oil Pressure High?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I use these clips with a set of blunted pincers they exert huge forces and are easily removed by cutting an ear never seen a pipe come off once these baby's get a grip mostly called double ear clips I call em London underground clips :)
1603803569307.png

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I cut a small groove in the rubber hose, then put 2 turns of safety wire in the groove, tighten it gently with lockwire pliers, then a smear of permatex over it, then slide the ferrule over it to hide it all..

John Fewster

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
London Underground and Oetiker both look effective, but I like the grooved pipe and wire under uncrimped ferrule solution... will probably do this after test drven a bit with the temporary Jubilee clips. I am definitely not concours-ist, but I do like to have things looking slick. Found really good extra long s/s ferrules with slighty flared opening here:

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
London Underground and Oetiker both look effective, but I like the grooved pipe and wire under uncrimped ferrule solution... will probably do this after test drven a bit with the temporary Jubilee clips. I am definitely not concours-ist, but I do like to have things looking slick. Found really good extra long s/s ferrules with slighty flared opening here:
Thread the hose on to some steel rod, chuck it in the lathe, or a drill press and touch it with a hacksaw or a toolbit, the groove doesnt need to be any deeper than the depth of the herringbone. A standard ferrule will work just fine - if the ferrule is 1/2” long, put the groove at the 1/4” mark, bend the twisted end of the wire so that it just barely protrudes from the ferrule. A smear of permatex on the metal pipe, another smear on the rubber hose..push the ferrule on and have a single malt.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
In the spirit of full disclosure..the lockwire idea wasnt mine..a certain Mr.Watson, Esq. suggested it to me.

vibrac

VOC Member
I think you must make a distinction between slide on ferrules and crimped ferrules. I guess (and its only a guess) Bob is talking about slip on and leave it, that's the most 'conkorzy way'. The factory had the advantage of ferrules just right for the tube they had back then and needed nothing else. of course any one who has some correct diamond pattern hose nowadays is on the last knockings, as they stopped making it18 months 2 years ago and the cleverest cad cam. plastic rolling. rubber masticating, 3D printing anorack hasent worked out a way of making it yet.
I must admit the slip on ferrule method does work with the right size hose for fuel, as the crap they call petrol nowadays gives some swelling, but who knows for how long?