Results Mecum 2019 Las Vegas Auction

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have never liked the look of the touring type Vin', But there is something nice, To me, About LOT W156.
Those Bags look neat. Cheers Bill.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
There are 13 Vincents in the auction.
Perhaps the majority of bidders held off to see how that first one would sell.
A good friend of mine who buys and sells bakery equipment told me one of his rules for auction buying- if multiple items of one type are on offer, try to get the first one, it will be the cheapest. If the auction house offers to let the bidder have the rest at this price ( they often do on small stuff), then take the works.
He's learned that most bidders hold off as long as possible, always thinking things will go cheaper at the end. Almost every time it goes the other way!

Glen
That even happens here at the Village Sheep Dog Trials, when the Sheep Farmers sell off some frozen halves of sheep. Get the 1st one for 1/2 what the last one bids for!

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Repeating some, some new results

W156 52 Rapide $39,600
T262 50 Comet $27,500
F169 51 Rapide $68,200
F293 55 Prince $84,700
F299 51 Comet $40,700

As Glen says, more to come today

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
The $ 40,700 Comet falls in to the Gypsy's Caravan category. Then there's the wrong horn, wrong speedometer and numerous other nitpicking faults. An ideal machine for some plutocrat's boardroom or temperature controlled man-cave.

Albervin

VOC Member
Dan's Roarer failed to sell and his AJS V4 sold for $77,500 plus premium. I think he may have been a bit disappointed with that result.