Results Mecum 2019 Las Vegas Auction

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
That seems cheap for a nice Twin Bike, Anybody know what that is in UK £, I am thinking £ 33,000 ish, Out the door ?. Cheers Bill.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I agree Bill, at the conversion rate this morning it cost £30274.99, if the major internal organs are OK it is a veritable bargain, there is a Comet languishing on eBay for not a dissimilar amount of money.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
T262
1950 Comet
25,000 USD + premium

I did not get this one either. Jeff
That one looks like it's been stored a long time, Don't see how that will add up after being sorted.
I think the buyer has lost some cash over that ?.
And yet the Twin looks a peach !, Glad I can't afford them !. Cheers Bill.

Albervin

VOC Member
A supposed Green Frame Ducati sold for $87,000 which is about $150,000 below what they have sold for recently. So obviously Not Kosher.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
There are 13 Vincents in the auction.
Perhaps the majority of bidders held off to see how that first one would sell.
A good friend of mine who buys and sells bakery equipment told me one of his rules for auction buying- if multiple items of one type are on offer, try to get the first one, it will be the cheapest. If the auction house offers to let the bidder have the rest at this price ( they often do on small stuff), then take the works.
He's learned that most bidders hold off as long as possible, always thinking things will go cheaper at the end. Almost every time it goes the other way!

Glen

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
Agree Glen. Desperation overcomes common sense. At the last few motorcycle auctions I have attended I was only interested in one of a kind machines (and bought them within budget) but to watch the buzz when the third and last Triumph/Harley etc.was front and centre was very enlightening.