PT: Exhaust Replacement silencers...

CoreyL

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi All,

I'm considering replacing the silencer/muffler on my Series B single. Seems like there are some choices: straight-through vs. spiral baffle. Is anyone offering a stainless silencer these days or are they all chromed? This is for road use (not track). I'm not terribly concerned about noise (I live in Texas).

Thanks is advance for any advice/opinions!

Best to all for a Happy 2020,
Corey

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Spares Company has two different options I believe. Although you may need to adjust carb settings slightly as happened to a friend of mine.

Armours in the uk is also popular with a number of the guys around here. I have one on my comet and it seems to do the job.

Best,

Gene.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I think someone said Armours don't show a stainless one on there website, But they do sell them as straight through type, Maybe give them a phone call, I like them.

Last edited:

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
I bought stainless pipes and silencer from Armours a few months ago. After a small struggle with the fitment of the pipes, I got them on and they're fine. The exhaust sound is a bit louder, but not objectionable.

Gary

CoreyL

VOC Member
I ordered a stainless steel silencer for my Series B from the Armours website on 7Jan 2020. The order was dispatched on 8 Jan and was delivered to my front porch in Texas USA on 11 Jan. Amazing service and a beautifully made product!

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I think you've ended up with the best silencer choice for the twin.
The Spiral Baffle silencers, as on the Rapide below, go blue when the bike is run hard. This is especially noticeable if you use the bike to climb mountain passes in summer time heat.
I took Bill's advice and installed one of the Armours open SS units on my other Rapide. Non restrictive, good power, good bark and no big discoloration patches due to heat build up.

Glen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200111-191013.png
    Screenshot_20200111-191013.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
I think you've ended up with the best silencer choice for the twin.
The Spiral Baffle silencers, as on the Rapide below, go blue when the bike is run hard. This is especially noticeable if you use the bike to climb mountain passes in summer time heat.
I took Bill's advice and installed one of the Armours open SS units on my other Rapide. Non restrictive, good power, good bark and no big discoloration patches due to heat build up.

Glen
Glen,

Is this the spares company exhaust?

Last edited by a moderator: