Renwick 750cc Racer

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I hope that some side car enthusiasts remember this running at the TT in the 1970's?

Renwick 750 TT Engine-page-001.jpg

Renwick 750 TT-page-001.jpg

David

davidd

VOC Member
If he did, I am not aware of it. John told me that he practiced with a 1000 cc engine and swapped to the 750 engine for the racing. It did not go well. Not near the power he was looking for and he retired.

David

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Dan's, I believe, is stock stroke, but shorter rods, but yes, he ended up with kinks in the push rod tubes, as the deck height is lower than normal.

highbury731

VOC Member
If he did, I am not aware of it. John told me that he practiced with a 1000 cc engine and swapped to the 750 engine for the racing. It did not go well. Not near the power he was looking for and he retired.
David
If he had only troubled to examine the rear cylinder, he might have discovered a lack of compression

vibrac

VOC Member
750 Vincento_O . I have a vague recollection about a 750 twin Vincent racing solo and Phil Read, help me someone:(

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Dan's was short rodded with a standard bore and stroke, and 5/8"removed from the rods and muffs necessitating the kinked pushrod tubes. (OK new shorter rods) They are made in alloy with a nice gentle double curve. The push rods just clear going down the middle.

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
Dan's was short rodded with a standard bore and stroke, and 5/8"removed from the rods and muffs necessitating the kinked pushrod tubes. (OK new shorter rods) They are made in alloy with a nice gentle double curve. The push rods just clear going down the middle.
speedtrials2006-148.jpg

Terry Prince has the kinked pushrod tubes on this engine, you can just see the shape.