Regalia. Help needed.

Tracey Tilley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
What is your opinion on motorcycle Regalia?

Do you ever buy T shirts, jumpers, mugs, key rings , etc?

Are you in the VMCC and do you buy their overalls,posters, bike covers and calendars?

What would you like your family to buy you for Christmas?

A nice shirt with a VOC emblem or a quality calendar full of glossy Vincents? (with or without girls :eek:)
Maybe a scale model of a Black Shadow?

Come on tell me.
:)

Tracey & Chris

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Hi Tracey,

I like decent quality T-shirts that fit, don't loose shape when washed and last - Red Lizard for instance.

I've bought 4 from the VOC - they are rubbish, loose shape, transfer or print comes off in the wash, cheap enough but rubbish.

So I'd personally happily pay for decent quality.

Buy half a dozen t shirts if they were available maybe.

Would maybe buy a good mug - china not earthenware.

No to the calendar

Would buy a good leather key ring or two.

Maybe something for Trinity, pencil set, colouring set, youngsters t shirt (she's got the My dad rides a Vincent and it has lasted)

Paddock Jacket - I'd buy one of those.

Bagalux Harness - I had to have one made - but I think there is a market.

Vincent Bike Cover - there is a chap I saw at Bristol Show doing them now - but I'd buy one of them.

VMCC - I haven't bought any of their stuff.

Vincent Overalls - that'd be lovely. Black, with gold piping and an emblem - put me down for a set please.

Regards
Cheers

Stuart

Albervin

VOC Member
The quality long sleeve fleece we had at the 2007 International was a big favourite. They seem to have worn very well and I still get enquiries from people wanting them.
A long sleeve denim shirt for the "formal" Vincent events.
I have some VOC leather key rings from years ago and they have held up.
YES Stuart, a proper quality tank cover like a Baglux or Bagster would be brilliant. Of course they would have to be in Red or Black and suitable for B/C and D but I reckon there is a market.
Calendar, Yes. There are thousands of quality non copyright photos available and plenty of places to print/bind them at reasonable prices.
A quality weatherproof and lined bike cover
I bought a plain overall and attached the embroidered patch to it on one side and had my name embroidered on the other. Classy....

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Thanks

Thanks Guys.

Great feedback,keep it coming.

I agree about the T shirts the print comes off.

I had not thought of the Baglux cover or the kids stuff.

What about the lady in your life, please ask her too.
I'm thinking pendants, brooches, not just clothing.

Last edited:

Comet

VOC Member
Hi Tracey.
I don't buy much. The tee shirts aren't much good. How about a decent embroidered one. A good quility fleeece, and a calender I would be interested in. I looked all over for a good classic bike calender this year and settled for a rubbbish one becuase I could not find anything better, the bigger and better ones all had girls in which will not go down very well in my office. Ladies sizes are very poor so I know several ladies that would be interested if clothes were made in a suitable size and a decent quality and cut. I would be happy to pay more for a tee shirt that holds shape and lasts for more than half a dozen washes. The TOMCC do ladies tee shirts in ladies cuts and they look great.

John

Comet

VOC Member
erm.
I just re read my post. "ladies sizes are very poor" obviously should read "ladies clothes sizes are poor" I am not suggesting that ladies sizes are poor. Ladies sizes are very good.Oh dear. I'll stop now before I really get into bother
JK

Albervin

VOC Member
HaHa... John just fell into the trap of trying to explain himself and then dug a deeper hole! My hole is now so deep...........
I second what he said though. There is a "size creep" going on. 10 years ago I was a certain size but now, same weight, same height, I am a different size. As far as the sizes in USA go, they don't even relate to my feet let alone my body! Quality always wins out. That has been my experience with regalia. Do not try and make more than 25-30% mark up and give a consistent product.

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Baglux harness.... Yes please. When used alone the harness protects the paintwork on your tank and gives you the option of attaching a tank bag without scratchy magnets.(I know that you know what they are but others might not)

Paddock jacket... Yes.

The biggest thing is publicising what we already sell. The club already does some very nice fleeces but how would you know?

Not sure about the bike covers with a logo on them. I recently considered buying one with 'BSA' on it for security reasons when leaving the bike outside a hotel overnight.

Comet

VOC Member
paddock jacket sounds good and a baglux cover.
Pete is right about publicising. It seemed when Margaret and Ray were doing the regalia you saw them everywhere, shows, rallies etc. I am not sure when I last saw regalia at a show. Sometimes the spares company have it at a rally but not very often.