Reg Bolton Racer

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks Bill, You are most correct, When I looked through some of Reg's photo albums, on an earlier photo, with his bike still in it's original road trim, a hand written message along side the picture shown of him racing at some track in the UK, said that the handling was" Somewhat suspect". When I asked him about this, he answered that once he had changed the front and rear springs, and put better shockers on plus the hydraulic damper, that this transformed the bike no end. The other mods were mostly to aid in ground clearance.....But he also said the change to concentric bushes, and thereby changing the trail, made a big difference as well. Gave quicker steering he said........Greg.

Kansas Bad Man

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I agree that a hydraulic damper is a must and by fare a better one then a friction damper. However when it comes to a center steering streamliner
it DOSNT work , it is required by the rule book for m/c liners but in total there has been less then 50 m/c liners ever built , and the knowledge pool is quite limited as to what works and what doesn't. So the liner guys drill a hole in the damper to make it inoperable . There is nobody on the SCTA rules committee that has ever built and companied a m/c liner yet they write the rules.