Red Rapides.

bthalken

Forum User
VOC Member
Right on Peter. I've got one too, mine's one of the red fender/fuel tank with all the other bits black that Peter mentioned. Currently undergoing restoration with a little help (and lots of advice!) from some of the good folk in the Vancouver VOC. It's been off the road since 1964 and its just itchin' to get rolling again. Check out Peter's site as it has provided me with lots of reference photos and plenty of inspiration to complete my project. Hopefully it will be on the road by next summer and I'll be meeting more of you good people at the various meets in due time!

Brian

Hugo Myatt

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Red Rapides

Sorry Peter,

I should have learnt by now that facetiousness does not work in print. I meant that my Red Rapide was one of the extraneous Apostles. It did not leave the works in red. (Photo - West London Section ‘D’ meet, 2008). It is not certain what colour it did leave the works. When I first got it forty odd years ago the ‘black’ paintwork seemed very dull. I polished it madly with T-Cut but it made no difference and remained a very dreary dark graphite colour. When I checked with the original registration document it said the colour was ‘Fish Grey’ but then it also claimed it was a Black Shadow but the matching numbers said otherwise. I somehow preferred red to something called ‘Fish Grey’.

Hugo

peterg

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Howdy Hugo,

Apology? My direction? Forget it. 17 years of grim dignity-sapping parochial/military school education decades ago, freed me forever of the burden of worrying about detecting any afront, real or imagined - it's all good - life's alot easier that way.

Anywho, very familiar with the survivor multiple over originals with some of my other hobbies. Had to chuckle with the CB article, though, where reference was made to the only known go at creating a red Black Shadow. In support of the old adage, nothing new under the sun, here's an example from about 5-8 years ago. As for grey, have always liked that color, sets of alloy superbly.

Attachments

• redshadow.jpg
    redshadow.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 42