Where Are You Now? Red Rapide UFM RC4689

aluminiumbronze

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Still looking for this UFM to complete a project, possibly in Texas?, hasn’t surfaced yet, Bev Bowen has had a good search and advertised, any leads or info appreciated

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Still looking for this UFM to complete a project, possibly in Texas?, hasn’t surfaced yet, Bev Bowen has had a good search and advertised, any leads or info appreciated
Jeffrey,
I've checked on the VOC machine database for you but we still don't have any club member declaring they have it.
It's frustrating as it could be in someone's shed somewhere. Anyway lets hope it turns up soon for you.
Thanks
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher

Nomadnigs

Forum User
VOC Member
Jeffrey,
I've checked on the VOC machine database for you but we still don't have any club member declaring they have it.
It's frustrating as it could be in someone's shed somewhere. Anyway lets hope it turns up soon for you.
Thanks
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher
Hi Jon,

Could you please provide a quick clarification regarding the VOC machine registration database that may help myself and others. I too, am searching for a missing UFM (if anyone has UFM R3721 lurking in their shed please contact me). So far Simon Dinsdale has been very helpful with responding to my inquiries and has provided all history currently held by VOC. However, does the VOC machine registry hold information on complete bikes only, or do you also keep a list of incomplete engine and frame numbers that may not be currently registered under any road going (or SORN) vehicle? If you do maintain a list of incomplete frame and engine numbers, I wonder how many VOC members are not aware of this that may be able to come forward with 'spare parts' that they currently hold and are being sought by others. Also may help (we can always hope) to stop unscrupulous individuals restamping bikes to make matching numbers machines if incomplete numbered parts are traceable.

many thanks

Nigel

Last edited:

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Jon,

Could you please provide a quick clarification regarding the VOC machine registration database that may help myself and others. I too, am searching for a missing UFM (if anyone has UFM R3721 lurking in their shed please contact me). So far Simon Dinsdale has been very helpful with responding to my inquiries and has provided all history currently held by VOC. However, does the VOC machine registry hold information on complete bikes only, or do you also keep a list of incomplete engine and frame numbers that may not be currently registered under any road going (or SORN) vehicle? If you do maintain a list of incomplete frame and engine numbers, I wonder how many VOC members are not aware of this that may be able to come forward with 'spare parts' that they currently hold and are being sought by others. Also may help (we can always hope) to stop unscrupulous individuals restamping bikes to make matching numbers machines if incomplete numbered parts are traceable.

many thanks

Nigel
Nigel
The Machine database Jon refers to is the Machine database I helped set up in 2015 and Jon & I are the only people who have access to it and before anybody asks, no it is not kept online. It contains the Vincent factory records and any information that has being passed to either Jon & myself and also contains whatever info owners have informed the VOC via whatever method in the past and that is for complete bikes and individual parts. In fact we will record any info we are given and can even store and make searchable old photos of bikes.

Over the years I have been doing this roll I have quite a few times asked via MPH and this forum that owners please inform us what they have as complete bikes and spare parts which could be reunited to other parts if known about and such info is held in the strictest confidenciality. Unfortunately not all owners tell us what they have and quite a few tell us nothing. Now that is their choice but it doesn't help owners such as yourself who are looking for specific parts.

I have just looked and the database contains over 121,000 seperate lines of history for parts and complete bikes and that is contstantly being added to and that is ignoring the Vincent factory records scans.

Simon
VOC Machine Registrar

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Jon,

many thanks

Nigel
Nigel,
we record complete bikes, engines and frames, whatever owners report to us on their membership renewal or via email/messages or we see on auction sites/adverts. Of course if owners don't tell us we can't record it.

For example Joe Bloggs reports having a Rapide vrm: ABC 123, with engine F10AB/1/1234 and frames RC12987/C. He also reports he has engine F10AB/1/9876 under his bench. They will all be recorded on the database.

The VOC machine database has nearly 10,000 images of engine/frame numbers and machines and one of it's purposes is to protect the Vincent Marque and to prevent vehicle fraud/crime.

So in answer to your question, plenty of owners tell us about their spare frames and engines. That is why we are able to rejoin engines with original frames for people and of course detect re-stamped parts.

I hope that explains it well enough for you. I've just seen Simon has also answered so it should be clear now.
Jon

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Dear Simon and Jon,

thank you both for your very detailed and informative responses, I hope this also helps to raise the profile (a little) for the valuable service you provide.

Many thanks

Nigel
Thanks Nigel, that's what we are here for.
Jon