Red Rapide RC8530

Robin Clement

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I saw part of it on the IOM in 1999, but won't comment further as I feel the 'Member only' part of the Forum is the only place anything to do with numbers should even be mentioned. Better still why not ask Simon Dinsdale the Registrar?

Vince Farrell
Hi Vince,

My name is Robin Clement and I own Series C RC 8520. Forgive me but I am struggling with Brain damage as the result of a stroke. I have owned it and toured extensively on it in Europe and the US since 1965.

It has the incorrect engine and RFM but I now have the opportunity to purchase the correct ones and restore it to original red touring rapide as it left the factory 1951. I restored it and painted it red and attended several vincent rallies including two "parade" laps of the IOM

I was contacted by the machine registra recently but have lost his contact information. I could use all the help I can get as any computer skill that I mas have has have been destroyed. I intend to rejoin the voc as soon as possible now that I am back on this planet.

What is the location of the RFM number If I buy the correct one, then I will have the one that is on the bike now available. Maybe someone is looking for it.

Thanks for your help.

Robin Clement

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Robin. very sorry to read of your predicament. The easiest way for you to contact Simon is probably through a private message on this Forum. Go to the top blue bar and find 'Inbox', third from the right. Click on that and you will find something that says 'Start a new conversation'. Click on that and then type vin 998 as the person with whom you wish to communicate. That should get you going. You will find the rear frame number on the casting which takes the wheel spindle at the rear of the triangle, on the clutch side of the bike. Often they are difficult to read as they are filled in with paint.

Good luck with it all.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Vince,

My name is Robin Clement and I own Series C RC 8520. Forgive me but I am struggling with Brain damage as the result of a stroke. I have owned it and toured extensively on it in Europe and the US since 1965.

It has the incorrect engine and RFM but I now have the opportunity to purchase the correct ones and restore it to original red touring rapide as it left the factory 1951. I restored it and painted it red and attended several vincent rallies including two "parade" laps of the IOM

I was contacted by the machine registra recently but have lost his contact information. I could use all the help I can get as any computer skill that I mas have has have been destroyed. I intend to rejoin the voc as soon as possible now that I am back on this planet.

What is the location of the RFM number If I buy the correct one, then I will have the one that is on the bike now available. Maybe someone is looking for it.

Thanks for your help.

Robin Clement

Robin
I have just sent you a private message.

As for the location of the the RFM number, its on the left side rear lug just infront of the rear wheel spindle.

Regards
Simon Dinsdale