Reciprocal Health Care with Isle of Man.

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
You may remember that there was a bit of a rumpus earlier this year when the health care agreement between the UK and I-o-M was rescinded which was a bit of a head ache for many motor cyclist going to the I-o-M.
I and many others signed a petition asking Her Majesty's government to reinstate the agreement. I have today received the following email reply:

Government response

On Thursday 9 September, the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Public Health, Anne Milton, announced that following discussions between the Department, the Isle of Man Government and the devolved administrations, a new reciprocal healthcare agreement between the UK and the Isle of Man will come into effect from 1 October.
The new agreement will put the current temporary arrangements on a permanent footing meaning that UK residents visiting the Isle of Man will receive free, state provided healthcare, as will Isle of Man residents visiting the UK.
Under the agreement, no public funds will change hands and this brings the Isle of Man into line with other agreements that the UK has with a number of non-European Economic Area Countries.
The new agreement represents a sensible and logical conclusion and provides certainty for travellers on temporary visits between the UK and Isle of Man.​