Rear tyre for Comet - Dunlop TT100 or Roadrunner?

Matty

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just ordered Roadrider from local tyre dealer and he says it will have "FRONT" moulded into it which could cause MOT problems if I put it on the back.

Are there different Roadriders for front and rear use please?

This seems a bit strange, or do they have Front on one wall and Rear on the other with arrows for directon of rotation and the dealer has not spotted this - or is only a "universal" version labelled in this way?

Matty

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Hi Matty,
Just been outside and looked at mine.

One arrow says rear fitment fit this way, and other arrow says front fitment this way, with arrow indicating direction of rotation

HTH
Neil

Matty

VOC Member
Thanks - I think the tyre dealer was trying to wind me up, because The Avon site only quotes the 100/90x19 as universal, which I take it means it has "front" marked on one side and "rear" on the other with appropriate arrows !!

So all should be OK. I have already removed my old rather bald TT100 ready to fit the new tyre, tube rubber band etc tomorrow when the dealer gets the tyre in.

PS. Despite my "posh" education I'm afraid all this Latin is Greek to me - I'm just "semper in excretum" !!

Matty

Matty

VOC Member
Thanks again all - tyre is now on and is OK but looks a bit narrow and modern, no doubt I will get used to it. It had FRONT and REAR with an arrow for the direction of rotation moulded onto BOTH sides of the tyre so there was no problem there on fitting this universal tyre.

Matty