Rear Stand.

Mark Fraser

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The rear stand on my Comet has a noticable bend in it. Has anyone ever had one re-tubed in a thicker gauge of steel?
I know these are available new / Has anyone bought one recently ? Are they a good fit and what is the Quality like?

Mark.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Rear stand

I saw one yesterday that had bent like a banana on both legs after a 30 mile trailer journey. That was new: my experience was of it twisting quietly out of shape and collapsing. Only a flying leap that would have put Superman to shame saved my P & J from a severe attack of gravel rash. It isn't a problem I now suffer, thanks to The Blessed Dave Hills' answer to my plea.......

Piston Pete

VOC Member
rear stand

Hi Mark

The answer is one of Dave Hills centre stands.....just let the rear stand be. I fitted a stainless centre stand about a year ago and now dismounting holds no fear !!!! Highly recommended

Mark Fraser

Non-VOC Member
Hi Mark

The answer is one of Dave Hills centre stands.....just let the rear stand be. I fitted a stainless centre stand about a year ago and now dismounting holds no fear !!!! Highly recommended

Tom / Roy
I'll order a centre stand from Dave H tomorrow. Had a PM from a guy and I'll order a replacement rear stand from Bob Culver.

Thanks,
Mark.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Where do you fit them all?

I can imagine where the first goes, even the second might go under the mag cowl to make a new style front stand - but where do you fit the third Dave Hills Centre Stand on a Vincent then - that one's beyond me........

:rolleyes:
Ive Got Three Of Dave Hills Stands - Brilliant
Mick

Mark Fraser

Non-VOC Member
Tom / Roy
I'll order a centre stand from Dave H tomorrow. Had a PM from a guy and I'll order a replacement rear stand from Bob Culver.

Thanks,
Mark.

The replacement stand has arrived and it fits straight on without mods.
Excellent replacement product. Just need to wait for the Dave H centre stand to arrive now!

Ken Tidswell

VOC Member
Rear Stand

The one i have seen has laser cut plate pivot ends. i have no idea if this was suppled by the Spares Company. It was heavier, and of welded construction and the weld beads were not complete n all cases. Ken