Rear Stand.

Paul Ennis

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
DH stand

Hi Mark,
To try and keep my bike looking fairly standard, I cut back Dave's nearside pillion footrest plate and refitted the Vincent plate over it. I also relocated the spring(s) to the timing side, inboard of the footrest plate. If you send me an e-mail I'll try and send you some pictures.
Cheers
Paul.

Paul Ennis

VOC Member
Modified DH stand

Having just sent Mark some photos, I've just discovered how to upload them onto this forum so you will find them in '2008 modifications'.
Paul.:)

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Rear stands

I saw this week that Neal Videan is bringing out a rear stand "kit", which presumably will not include banana genes in its DNA.

Paul Ennis

VOC Member
DH stand

If you have a mild steel DH stand you will probably find that the pivot tube has been shotblasted by grit from the front tyre and is rusting. A simple cure is to take an 8.75" length of black plastic 32mm waste pipe, cut a slot about 3/8" wide along it's length and fit it over the pivot tube. A pair of cable ties will secure it in place.
But please 'kill' the rust and repaint the tube before fitting, or you will create a breeding ground for 'serious rust' under the plastic.
Paul.

Mark Fraser

Non-VOC Member
I have been trying to find a source to repair my bent rear stand for quite some time. A local Fab shop wouldn't entertain it. Colin Taylor appears to make them aswell so he has offered to undertake the repair.:cool: