Attachments

• IMG_5020.JPG
    IMG_5020.JPG
    707.2 KB · Views: 90

Piston Pete

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
comet stand

Hi Mark .My Dave Hills stand is stainless ,but the spring appears to be galvanised....if you get a shiny spring ,let me know:)

timetraveller

VOC Member
I have two D.H. stainless steel centre stands and asked Dave years ago about the possibility of getting stainless springs to match. He told me that he had tried and could not source any. He then lent me a spring which I took to a 'Manufacturing Exhibition' to show to various spring manufacturers with a view to getting a batch made. However, when I showed it around they all shied away from the job. My memory is that Dave told me that they are off Gold Star centre stands so there should be a market other than just Vins but if you look at the springs carefully you will see that they are a non trivial producti0n job. I could try again but my guess is that there would have to be an order of 50 plus before anyone would take the job seriously.

Once again if anyone does better then I did then I would be in the market for some as probably would Dave. :)

Mark Fraser

Non-VOC Member
I have two D.H. stainless steel centre stands and asked Dave years ago about the possibility of getting stainless springs to match. He told me that he had tried and could not source any. He then lent me a spring which I took to a 'Manufacturing Exhibition' to show to various spring manufacturers with a view to getting a batch made. However, when I showed it around they all shied away from the job. My memory is that Dave told me that they are off Gold Star centre stands so there should be a market other than just Vins but if you look at the springs carefully you will see that they are a non trivial producti0n job. I could try again but my guess is that there would have to be an order of 50 plus before anyone would take the job seriously.

Once again if anyone does better then I did then I would be in the market for some as probably would Dave. :)

Dave told me that he's sold over 700! Hopefully there would be enough interest on here to drum up an order of 50.

firefly

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
rear stand

Another cause for a rear stand to bend life a banana is if they are put on the stand in a trailer or the back of a van and tied down with ratchet straps they will bend as easy as anything.

Mark Fraser

Non-VOC Member
Hi Mark .My Dave Hills stand is stainless ,but the spring appears to be galvanised....if you get a shiny spring ,let me know:)

I bought a stainless one also. It's the best £145 I have ever spent on the bike. I got the sideplates done in mild steel and had them painted. If a batch of S/S springs were made it would be great. I'll speak to the people that advertise in OBM and see what the outcome is.

Paul Ennis

VOC Member
SS springs

I used two ss front prop stand springs with a link plate to hold my (slightly modified) DH stand up.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
And Paul's is the one in the photo attached to this thread

Hi Paul,

I posted a pic of your bike (stand) into this thread on page three - took it at Popham.

Stuart

I used two ss front prop stand springs with a link plate to hold my (slightly modified) DH stand up.

Last edited:

Mark Fraser

Non-VOC Member

Paul,
Your stand must be well modified. can't really work out what's what from Stuart's pic but it looks like you've retained the original side plate. Any chance of some info on your mods?

M