Rear stand

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm guessing that this is one of the problems with a multi-functions device. Make the prop stands longer and the bike is more stable when lent over but then what is it like when those same stands are to be used to lift the front wheel off the ground?
Read the last sentence of post 31

bmetcalf

VOC Member
This is true Norman ! But what is more often, parking the bike or rising the frontwheel.And at home in the garage I have a hydraulic lift to dismount the frontwheel.When did you had your last front wheel puncture?Mine is many many years ago.Regards Erik

Not worried about verhexen on the front tire now?

erik

VOC Member
If someone has verhexen your front wheel far in the hinterland,than you can can sing a sad lied about this poltergeist.Gruss Erik

Albervin

VOC Member
At the moment my B Rapide has a standard rear stand, a series D centre stand, a Neal Videan side stand and two standard series C side stands. I have a 21" front wheel and with various combinations I can park anywhere, remove front or rear wheel and not break my back. The Series C stands work quite well most of the time but the Videan stand is useful when the camber is severe. Meanwhile the series B side stands sit in a drawer in the shed. Not sure how I am going to deal with my series C when it is on the road.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
The Spares company do some easy add ons for the Standard front stands.

Attachments

• 1098_PROPSTAND_LEG_EXTENSION_thumb.jpg
    1098_PROPSTAND_LEG_EXTENSION_thumb.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 58

erik

VOC Member
On my comet this easy add had ons only a short life .I changed to the extended Breeding propstands.Erik

Albervin

VOC Member
My C Shadow came with a 19" front wheel and a Dave Hills stand. I am fitting a 21" to it. Do I need a new stand or can I weld/braze thicker feet onto the stand?

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Alyn
I would look at making the existing feet thicker by either brazing on a block or if it's thick enough possibly a bolt on block, which you can easily adjust to get things to suit