Rear sprockets

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm coming up to a chain and sprocket change. I already have a 520 (5/8" x 1/4") gearbox sprocket, and 520 DID or Tsubaki chains are easy to find, but who makes rear sprockets? Neither Vinparts nor VOC Spares seem to have them.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
I'll check them out tomorrow. I know that Robert Watson swears by hardened steel gearbox sprockets and ally rear.

nkt267

VOC Member
Sprockets unlimited can supply blanks with a pilot hole if you can get the rest machined..John

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Thanks. I've tried that before (I have a dozen or so ally Honda and Norton racing sprockets) but unless one has a face plate, and I don't, they are prone to warp. I may end up buying standard and having someone who DOES have a faceplate, thin the teeth on each side.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
520 ish

:cool:I know its crued Tom but one can also use a Flex and grind it down, we did this back in the dessert ()
Vincent S

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I have hanging on my wall ------ 520 rear sprockets in 8620 steel, and case hardened. Likely NEVER need another one. 46 and 48 Tooth, but they weren't cheap, especially with that mighty Canuck buck at the moment (great for imports to Canada, but hell on the export market).

Black Flash

VOC Member
there are loads of small machine shops or engineering firms around that will turn your sprocket down during lunchbreak or after work for a fiver. If they have a lathe big enough and modern tools its a piece of cake for them.
Bernd