F: Frame Rear number plate/brake light Rapide

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
The number plate/brake light plate assembly on my C Rapide worked loose and fell off. Obviously I overlooked the lower nut and bolt
during my nut tightening sessions.
The bolt came out allowing the number plate to flex at the the top mounting and break.
The brake light is a 12v unit mounted over the original hole. Hoping that I can get a new one as the lens broke.
Not sure if a repair is possible on the plate though.
Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 231DA3A6-BFB4-45E8-8FCB-6F1289F9FFC4.jpeg
    231DA3A6-BFB4-45E8-8FCB-6F1289F9FFC4.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 57

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Hi
The number plate/brake light plate assembly on my C Rapide worked loose and fell off. Obviously I overlooked the lower nut and bolt
during my nut tightening sessions.
The bolt came out allowing the number plate to flex at the the top mounting and break.
The brake light is a 12v unit mounted over the original hole. Hoping that I can get a new one as the lens broke.
Not sure if a repair is possible on the plate though.
Any help appreciated.
Paul Geoff http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/

Simple!

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
A TIG weld should work just fine. Of course, you'd need some paintwork afterwards. Still might be cheaper than a new one from the Spares Co.
They are very weak there, I would make another skin and mig weld, Can't afford Tig :),
I picked one up at an auto fair last year, With a crack off the bottom hole for £20, Another job to do .

danno

Non-VOC Member
They are very weak there, I would make another skin and mig weld, Can't afford
I picked one up at an auto fair last year, With a crack off the bottom hole for £20, Another job to do .

Yes, a used replacement would be good.
Failing that, I could ask around my local bike club if there are any welders that could have a go with it.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Why not buy a cheap mig', And a 4" grinder with a flap wheel, And have a go yourself.
It's so much fun to be able to make tools etc and mend things.
Lots of info on youtube, On how to weld.
It's not too hard.
Have a play with some scrap metal, Try to weld 2 things the same thickness, To make it more easy.
Good Luck, Bill.