Rear intake manifold for Shadow

aljobo

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
In rebuilding my Shadow (bought in bits), I realize I have two front intake manifolds ET32/3...
Is anyone making the rear manifold currently (I believe it's ET32/2) so I can order one, or is someone willing to swap a new, never run, /3 manifold for a /2? Thanks in advance!:)

aljobo

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Option to modify?

Since no-one has been able to help so far, is it feasible to cut and re-weld the ET32/3 manifold to get the angle horizontal for the rear carb?
Has anyone done this successfully?
I'm really held up with my rebuild because of this.
Thanks in advance. Allan

G

Graham Smith

Allan

I reckon you'll have more luck if you put this same request as an advert in MPH.

Unfortunately, you've just missed the copy deadline for June's edition, but if you want to go ahead, you can send an e-mail to our Advertisement Manager.

His contact details are on page 2 or 3 of MPH.

Vic Youel

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Spares companmy do one for 50 quid plus VAT and shipping but Russell does not seem to have any in stock. Is that expensive?

Vic

nkt267

VOC Member
Spares companmy do one for 50 quid plus VAT and shipping but Russell does not seem to have any in stock. Is that expensive?
It's like a lot of things Vic.If you desperately need it, its cheap at any price.I've paid some extra-ordinary prices for old parts for my '32 Sunbeam, but if that is the only part available it's a bargain..John

Just gone through my 'junk' box and have found an alloy rear stub in not great condition if he is really desperate. I dont need a spare front.

Last edited:

aljobo

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Problem resolved

Thanks to all those who contributed to the subject, and the offer of the used manifold.
I have ordered a new one (shoud have checked all sources out before going to the Forum...)
Luckily I don't pay VAT, so it's a bit less expensive, but as was said, when you have no alternative, the money's not an issue. Also, it will be great to see if my bike wants to fire up now I can have TWO carbs bolted on!
What's the argument for bronze or aluminium, since both materials are available from the VOC Spares Co.?
Thanks to the Forum again - Graham it is a superb addition to the site.

derek

VOC Member
carb stubs (manifolds)

Alloy stibs were for the 1.1/16" carbs and the bronze for the 1. 1/8" carbs. This is I believe due too the thinner wall thickness of stubs, when bored to the greater diameter. The alloy stubs can not be made thicker, as the carb attachment internal diameter is as supplied by amal.

aljobo

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks Derek,
There are so many things about Vincents that are essential to know! Maybe that's a big part of the appeal of the marque to enthusiasts. Of course, there's always something else an owner doesn't know. Thank goodness for the pool of knowledge in the VOC.
Regards,
Allan

PhillSpain

Forum User
VOC Member
In rebuilding my Shadow (bought in bits), I realize I have two front intake manifolds ET32/3...
Is anyone making the rear manifold currently (I believe it's ET32/2) so I can order one, or is someone willing to swap a new, never run, /3 manifold for a /2? Thanks in advance!:)
Hello, I know this is old but are you still looking for one, I have a spare Bronze one that has been chromed.
Regards,
Phill.