Re Ship

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
Product liability insurance treat USA and Canada as one market and is a very expensive addition. VOCSC has always had this cover hence why we can be a bit more expensive than some smaller traders.
PS Alyson, if you want VOCSC can help you.

Last edited:

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In the USA and try and get a part for your Douglas or your Scott from the owners club spares scheme you will find calling on fellow UK club members to ship is a way of life.
Those who build or maintain just a Vincent in the UK or elsewhere do not know how lucky they are, I have just had a 43% success rate on new parts for a 52 Triumph they probably made more bikes in a year than Vincent in five years and the parts I wanted were parts that did not include the engine.
Oh and you have to know your stuff some pattern parts are rubbish, count your blessings guys

LoneStar

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Powersports won't sell me a 5 speed. Lindsley wouldn't sell me lucas HT pickups. I get it all the time.

"We don't ship to America"

"I'm in Canada"

"We don't ship to North America"

Indeed, very frustrating. VMCC refuses to ship to US or Canada as well.

I wonder about the actual liability risk. Under what US law could a foreign vendor, with no presence in the US, be sued? How would an adverse court decision be enforced and compensation collected? Any US lawyers on the forum?