Rare Montlhery commemorative bottle on Ebay

deejay499

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have put a commemorative Montlhery wine bottle on ebay. It depicts the records taken by a Black Shadow in 1952. It has been in the original box since we got it and has a Mercury Crest badge on the front. unfortunately the wine has been drunk! I have never seen another up for sale. I would prefer to have it collected or can deliver to various rallies to save it being broken. Item No. 270933105913. Thanks for looking.

Henry Martini

Non-VOC Member
Me too

Hi Deejay,
I have one as well but it is unopened, I am sure mine is at least 10 times more valuable then a empty bottle, My question is "Was the wine good" I wonder could I trade mine for a Rare Montlhery Tank or even a 5" Shadow Clock.
I will watch the listing with interest.

Good Luck,
Henry Martini

deejay499

VOC Member
Hi Henry.

Well done for not being tempted to open it and yes, it should be worth more. The wine was Bordeaux so should have been ok, but we can't remember, so either it was that good, or we shared it with friends. Cheers, DJ

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
How about an unopened 1999 International Rally scotch? Worth anything (probably not)?

Paul Ennis

VOC Member
I've still got an unopened bottle of 'Vincent Grey Flash Exhaust Port'
(from a German rally)
......not dated and not for sale. :rolleyes:
Paul.

deejay499

VOC Member
Yes Paul. I have a couple of different unopened bottles on Vincent Racer Wine, possibly from German rallies. Must say this is a nice thread - got everyone talking about wine. What does that say about the V.O.C ?