Rare Books on Ebay

bigtwin

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
There are three signed Leather bound books on Ebay today....if any one is interested. Know Thy Beast...The Vincent HRD story and Vincent HRD Gallery, probably worth a look.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There are actually several other leather bound editions for sale on the UK e-bay site. It would be good manners and good clubmanship to declare an interest in an item that is brought to the attention of others on this forum. There was a time (when I used to participate) on jtan when several people got their noses out of joint because Big Sid was promoting his book on the site. Most people recognised it was sour grapes coming from a noisy minority of permanently disaffected people BUT this is a moderated forum and touting for business without being open about it could bring down the wrath of a moderator or even HIM....... Mr Smith.

van drenth

VOC Member
pls explain, from a noisy minority of permanently disaffected people, It is a arrow to mine direction.
Regards.
van drenth JC.

bigtwin

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
pls explain, from a noisy minority of permanently disaffected people, It is a arrow to mine direction.
Regards.
van drenth JC.

Good grief!.......I never imagined this would be an issue....I thought bringing the possibility of acquiring these books to the attention of other club members would be fine. I bought them for £200 + each some years ago and they are on Ebay without reserve and 2 started at £1 so I am not 'Trying' to make money. I will almost certainly lose money. However I truly beleived my fellow club members should have news of them.
Ah well I am getting old..... but one lives and learns. I have a stack of Vincent Books and other items but I will not call attention to their disposal in the future.

Albervin

VOC Member
Most certainly not Van Drenth!! Some of the people on the jtan site took a view that they were right and the rest of the world was wrong. Almost without exception these people came from one country
and it was not The Nederlands.

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
I don't see any problem in " Bigtwin" telling us he has items for sale on Ebay. I just wonder why he didn't put them in MPH.

Albervin

VOC Member
I don't see any problem in " Bigtwin" telling us he has items for sale on Ebay. I just wonder why he didn't put them in MPH.
I agree except that initially we were not told that it was Bigtwin who was selling. If the initial post had been; "I have a couple of Vincent books for sale on e-bay if any of you are interested..." then I
doubt that anyone would have raised an eyebrow. There used to be a site on the main VOC page for buying and selling, not sure if it is still there?

bigtwin

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I was in a hurry when I gave the info......my mistake. I did not put on MPH because I would have to put a fixed price and deal with enquiries etc I thought Ebay was easier for me as I travel all the time in Europe.