Rapide Rocker Feed

Jon 99

Forum User
VOC Member
The rocker feeds on my bike do not have any metering wires,this puzzles me and am wondering if they were left off for running in as the bike has only done 2800 miles since engine rebuild. I have found 15 amp fuse wire is 19-20 thou dia would this be suitable ? Also there is no stop valve within the stop valve body although I can't see a purpose for this.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am not sure , But I think the holes are smaller now, But if it doesn't smoke leave them out.
Lots have changed now, Oil seals on the lower guides etc.
The stop valve screwed into the tank, Is so that if you want to take the upper frame member off, Just undo the
pipe at the lower connection of the valve, And the tube inside drops down and stops the oil coming out,
You get a small drip, But the tank does not empty.
I was thinking of not fitting this soon, To help oil flow ??.

vibrac

VOC Member
metering wires: I always throw them away. if it was 1958 and I was short of cash using old oil of the period I might stick them in.
much more important to see that the ET100 is a ET100/1 the locking sort

davidd

VOC Member
I don,t know what locking rocker feed bolts are, but I would like to know.

DSCN2922 01.jpg

The stock feed bolt is on the right and the locking rocker feed bolt is on the left.

David

highbury731

VOC Member
The factory one pushes the rocker pivot downwards in the rocker tunnel. This is against the force of the pushrod and valve springs. The rocker feed bolts tend to come loose and leads to wear in the tunnel. The modified one on the left pulls the rocker pivot upwards and holds it much more firmly.
If your rocker pivot tunnels are worn, it's an expensive sleeving job, or apply to Trevor for some extended rocker pivot housings - they seat on unworn parts of the tunnel.
Paul

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Paul, Are you sure ?, I didn't think the old standard one touched the rocker,
For me it was just to feed oil down, ?
It doesn't matter if the head is worn, The later one pulls the alloy bush upwards, Super job,
But sometimes you have to grind a lot off the top of the rocker arms to allow movement ?.