A: Oil Pipework Rapide Oil Filter Chamber Cap/Nut - Sealant

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Teflon tape was my method for many years then I came across a large selection of "O" rings machining the oil chamber cap screw fitted the "O"ring same one all the time might turn it back to front occasionally. Every one to their own.
bananaman.

nigsey

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thank you gentlemen, Wellseal it is then (sorry Bill). One of the things I like about this forum is, if there’s nothing interesting to watch on the telly of an evening I just ask a question on here and sit back and watch, all the entertainment I need in one place.

Ian Smart

Forum User
VOC Member
I used to use Blue Hylomar, now I use Wellseal in the manner mentioned above, and have done so for the last 55 years, I have always found the cap remains oiltight and is undoable with consummate ease when required, but perhaps not always the case if other sealants are used.
Thanks Peter - I had the same question. The forum is a god-send for new Vincent owners and I, and I'm sure others, appreciate you sharing your experience.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thank you gentlemen, Wellseal it is then (sorry Bill). One of the things I like about this forum is, if there’s nothing interesting to watch on the telly of an evening I just ask a question on here and sit back and watch, all the entertainment I need in one place.
Use too much and your next question will be how to undo the oil filter cap! It is a very long and very fine thread that has to seal no more than 4 psi. I use copper slip or similar to make sure I do not cross a thread and about two wraps of teflon tape at the end. I have a VERY oil tight engine.