Rapide Insurance

Tony Wilkinson

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member

Who is good for Vincent insurance. I had a problem getting a sensible valuation on my Rapide last year.​

IMG_1933.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

nigsey

VOC Member
I’ve just insured my Rapide for the first time with RH Insurance who advertise in MPH, the process was quite painless and I was satisfied with the price.

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
I'm in the US and use Hagerty. I'm not sure if it works as well across the pond, but I'm pretty satisfied with them. The prices are fair and I had a good result two years ago when the garage that at the time housed my '82 R100RS caught fire. They wrote the bike off as a total loss and let me keep the "remains" for $500. I got the check in a few days.

The damage was confined to everything from about the midline of the tank upward, the fire having attacked the bike from the ceiling downward. I had to replace many plastic parts and controls, brake lines, the seat and numerous miscellaneous items to get it back to working order. I then brought the fairing pieces to a painter who did a spectacular job. The total for all parts and painting was under $4000 and Hagerty paid $7500 after the deduction for the corpse. My time is worthless, of course.

One curious discovery. That fairing is virtually fireproof. It didn't warp, crack or burn in the slightest. The paint just blistered, peeled and burned, leaving pristine plastic. The fuel tank didn't blow either but probably would have if the fire truck hadn't arrived just in time.

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Hagerty for me too after a big let down by Carole Nash.
Easy to deal with, good price but you must have a more modern vehicle to convince them you won't exceed mileage limit. They accepted my 1996 R100R as the modern vehicle.
Cheers Bill

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Bill, was that my previously owned R100R Classic, if so I hope you are pleased with your purchase, I would have kept it but Sue far preferred to be pillion passenger on the Rapide, same story with the Yamaha FJ1200 ABS with very low mileage, anyone out there fancy owning it?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hagerty for me too after a big let down by Carole Nash.
Easy to deal with, good price but you must have a more modern vehicle to convince them you won't exceed mileage limit. They accepted my 1996 R100R as the modern vehicle.
Cheers Bill
What was the problem Bill,
I have been with Carole for years and this year The price was lower !!.

vibrac

VOC Member
Hi Bill, I couldn't find anything about limited mileage restriction on the Hagerty website. Please advise. Cheers, Stu.
All my bikes have a limited mileage with Haggerty however it can be negotiated with a price change in mind of course 3 have no speedos (pre 1936) so I am not sure how that works but spread out over my bikes the mileage is more than enough and certainly enough to convnce them I am not useing any one for everyday transport and that includes a 1983 K100 BMW which could be so used easily