Rapide in Matlock

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Nice Rap in Matlock today braving the cold. Made me sorry I was in a tin box - the wife says anything less than 20 C is too cold for two wheels.:(

H

Albervin

VOC Member
I will probably regret asking but......SWMBO?
She Who Must Be Obeyed. You need to get out more :) IMHO LOL
SWMBO can also be called: The Treasurer, The Leader of the Opposition, The Finance Minister, The Minister of War, The Ballast (on a bike) and (if you are feeling particularly brave) Cherie Blair's Sister. Of course you can substitute Julia Gillard, Hillary Clinton, Maggie Thatcher etc. for Cherie Blair.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
SWMBO can also be called: The Treasurer, The Leader of the Opposition, The Finance Minister, The Minister of War, The Ballast (on a bike) and (if you are feeling particularly brave) Cherie Blair's Sister. Of course you can substitute Julia Gillard, Hillary Clinton, Maggie Thatcher etc. for Cherie Blair.

Thanks Alyn, maybe THAT explains why I am on my third handbrake :) ....My ex once said to me "why don't we get an intercom thingy so we can talk while on the bike" my reply " If I wanted to talk to you we would be in the car"
Another said "I buy makeup so that I will look beautiful for you" I said " Sh#t that's why I buy Rum" :confused:

Kevin

vibrac

VOC Member

TBPPINW
is what VOC members of long standing will know (I know who coined that, do you?)
Thus proving that convoluted initials (and computers) long preceed spotty faced thumb swingers on mobile self trackers (mobile phones)attemps at initilising anything.
the same kids describe everything as 'cool' forgetting (not knowing) that 50's beatnicks coined the phrase and anyone using it in the 60's would be anything but.
Aint it nice to have a Vincent and know fashion is no longer fashionable

Howard

VOC Member
If I'm perfectly honest I was told I could go out on the bike on my own, while she went shopping, but this soon after Xmas with the bank account looking sad, it's cheaper to go shopping with her. I can usually stem the flow with comments like "yes your bum looks big in that" or "that would look good on my mum".

Added to which, I've had serious man flu since Xmas and it didn't help when those noisy folks down in Stoke woke me up with New Years Eve fireworks!!! Bah Humbug! :)

I thought someone might have owned up to the Rap in Matlock.

H

Alan J

VOC Member
Perhaps he thought he might get into trouble riding such a valuable bike in the winter!! My V.M.C.C. neighbour has a fit when he sees me out on one of my old bikes! It's the salt, you know!!