Rallies are to be banned?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes Yes I know these scares often come up but only by action can we avoid them (We saved the BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS)
I got this from page 38 Febs VMCC mag
Route maps and per capita fee to be paid to the MSA (Motor sports association) when a "competitive event"occurs. Has been reinterpreted as"any event where awards or souvenirs are given out including concours where an element of road use is included" oh and the paperwork has to be in a "considerable time ahead"
what price a rally ride out in the morning?
This need clarification and a point of complaint established
This VMCC Relay Rally (who could ever plot that route )could be the last
This is the thin edge of the wedge that I think will result in "Historic vehicles" only being let out on certain days on certain routes

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Yes Yes I know these scares often come up but only by action can we avoid them (We saved the BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS)
Route maps and per capita fee to be paid to the MSA (Motor sports association) when a "competitive event"occurs. Has been reinterpreted as"any event where awards or souvenirs are given out including concours where an element of road use is included" oh and the paperwork has to be in a "considerable time ahead"
This is the thin edge of the wedge that I think will result in "Historic vehicles" only being let out on certain days on certain routes

It seems that there are those who want to kill the way it was for reasons I haven't a clue, except for one and that is the real oldys with total loss oil systems, when you see the whites of there eyes fire at will!

Alan J

VOC Member
Glad about the Brighton speed trials-haven't got my VMCC mag. yet! I have 2 bikes on the road with "total loss", or "deadloss" systems both work a treat and do not behave like "deux temps!" I really enjoy my 1920's bikes, they put a smile on my face-and are pretty reliable too boot! Re-reading this I hope our overseas cousins will understand my comments!

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
This may have something to do with it, here in the US a study has been completed , it was found that women found men that drove old pickups and rode old motorcycles to be more attractive then the ones that drove new 4 by 4s and rode crotch rockets . :)

MAX

johncrispin

VOC Member

Thanks for drawing attention to this, vigilance is ever needed. I notice also in the VMCC mag that the BMF spokesman has "gone corporate" and they seek another one. Without someone batting for us we will just get rolled over by the nannying grey people. I can't speak for anyone else but I kind of expected this and all the attendant bureaucratic nonsense.

vibrac

VOC Member
well while we are looking at this threat to organised events that include a road element another threat is being formulated in the "deregulation bill" where it is expected to be hijacked in order to close ALL off road BOATS and other non tarmac tracks in the UK. http://www.glass-uk.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1226&Itemid=1 and other LARA links
add this to the threats on race events (Mallory and Brighton speed trials etc) and the conclusion is obvious They really dont want transport to be enjoyed at all do they? (unless we wear licra and have an egg box on our heads)

Black Flash

VOC Member
About a month ago the German minister of transportation made it clear in a hardly heard side sentence of an interview. As you all probably know germans are crazy for old cars and as more and more Yountimers (VW Golf GTI etc)are now getting 30+ years old, more and more old cars will be eligible for tax exempt.
this is a huge market over here and a total of 4 billion Euros are spent here annually for rebuilding, restoring etc of these old and older vehicles.
with hindsight and being asked about the future of german car manufacturers and the weak europeen market the minister said:
"I love old vehicles, they represent an engineering heritage and even more they are like pieces of art. therefore they should be exposed in museums and not be on the road."
Iam afraid that now that (hopefully) this is the first year I can ride and enjoy my Vincents, it can soon be over for us.

Nuff said