Racing pipe

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am looking for a 2" exhaust pipe for the flash project its not an item to be found laying in a garage so I wonder where I can get one made by someone who has done it before and without taking the bike somwhere and leaving it there for a week or two, I belive Nick Paravani has now retired and my other source is full to the brim with work. I am happy to flange it and get it plated
I am also quoted a month to six weeks for chroming at my local acid bath,this pipe could turn out to be my 'critical path' item.....

b'knighted

VOC Member
Colin Taylor was offering a new pair of twin 2" pipes complete with head adaptors and removable mutes on ebay recently. I think he said they were copies of the pipes used on Gunga Din.

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
We just ordering a set of 2 inch pipes from Colin . He built earlier for us a superb 2 inch UP pipe for the 600 for running on the street , not a tool mark on it . Superb craftsmanship . It runs a 2 inch racing SuperTrapp as used on the flat trac Harley's . Very pleasant sound , all deep mellow tone . This one has a full 2 inch inner bore through a excellent glass PAC inner , catches all the high pitched sound letting through only a deep booming . A racing muffler its very light and shorter than the street version . Sid .

vibrac

VOC Member
I dont think the USA has such a crazy noise limit as the UK ,here its 105db for motorcycle racing while the trollies in F1 are allowed to run round in their high speed traffic jams without limit.
I feel sorry for those people who can never hear the noise of two manx nortons interacting sound waves on full megga