Racing Notebook

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've found my racing notebook from when I was using the Comet. Guess which parts I had most problems with. :)

H

DSCF0097.jpg

davidd

VOC Member
Howard,

Honestly, I never would have guessed valves. Never had an issue. What was going wrong?

David

Howard

VOC Member
I thought your problems might have been 'Plug'

NKT - Hi, fellow Bash Street Kids fan.

David, I don't remember, we're talking 1980. I was running 11:1, and holding it down to 7000 rpm (according to the notes) I could have been over revving at times, trying to take on Shadows and 650 Triumphs etc.

H

mercurycrest

VOC Member
NKT - Hi, fellow Bash Street Kids fan.

David, I don't remember, we're talking 1980. I was running 11:1, and holding it down to 7000 rpm (according to the notes) I could have been over revving at times, trying to take on Shadows and 650 Triumphs etc.

H

I was having valve problems back then too. So were a lot of AMA Class C Flat Track Racers. They traced it down to G&S Valves having a manufacturing problem. I asked Doug Hollis who made the crappy valves he sold me and "sure enough" it was G&S. The valves they sell now days seem OK.
Cheers, John

b'knighted

VOC Member
I should have looked at the picture before rushing into print. Anyway it was you that told me to publish and be damned and that I could always apologise later. Sorry Howard.

Howard

VOC Member
I should have looked at the picture before rushing into print. Anyway it was you that told me to publish and be damned and that I could always apologise later. Sorry Howard.

You shouldn't have said anything, I thought you were being facetious. :)

H