R.I.P. Big Sid

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
This has been mentioned on the Members Only page but needs to on the public pages. Farewell Sid, you will be missed.
Sid died early Sunday morning from a heart attack.:(
Feel free to post some of your favourite Big Sid stories here.

A_HRD

VOC Member
So sorry to hear of Sid's passing. This guy loved his Vincents through and through. Never was there such a devotee to a marque. He would always be available to anyone to offer help and advice. Vincents were his life; aside from his family, Vincents were always on his mind - probably while sleeping too - probably even now as I type. A great guy, a great loss to the Vincent world.

RIP Big Sid.

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

Albervin

VOC Member
So sorry to hear of Sid's passing. This guy loved his Vincents through and through. Never was there such a devotee to a marque. He would always be available to anyone to offer help and advice. Vincents were his life; aside from his family, Vincents were always on his mind - probably while sleeping too - probably even now as I type. A great guy, a great loss to the Vincent world.

RIP Big Sid.

Peter B
Bristol, UK.
Eloquently said Peter. I know of 3 people who joined the VOC on its inception and Sid was already giving advice freely then. Over 60 years he was always there. When I last met him in 2003 I thought to myself "He is not well and only has a few years left". He had 10 years and lived them well.

deejay499

VOC Member
Sad news. A Vincent man through and through. Our condolences to his family. R.I.P Big Sid.
Dave & Yvonne

dave g6xnc

Non-VOC Member
What a shock to all, MPH recently is looking like an obituary publication, condolences to his family and rest ,in peace Sid.

Ken Tidswell

VOC Member
I rang Sid the day after his admission to hospital. He was in considable pain he thought due to damage to his vertebra decades ago.
He was forced to ring off , when i rang back the next day there was no reply. Little did i know off the consequences of this hospitalization. i used to ring him frequently to cheer him up and tap his infinite wisdom concerning our beasts,He will be much missed by his family and friends. Sincerest condolences.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
A very helpful, kind and knowledgeable man. The proximity to fine engineering sometimes is reflected in fine character; Sid was one such.

Ducdude

VOC Member
I Sent this to a friend earlier and thought it would go well here as well..
Sid had a intense drive to impart the knowledge that he had gained over
the years...He knew time was short and he had way more to give then there
was time for, and it showed in his demeanor.
I knew I would regret not meeting him almost 3 years ago when the plan was
to ride my newly found and "cleaned up" Shadow down to visit...My blown motor and the rebuild that followed saw that
delayed, and only now am I re-gaining the confidence to take the beast on
the 1600 mile trip up and back to show Sid yet another Vincent he helped
get and keep on the road.

My loss putting it off..

My hope is that Sid is now
at peace..

Eric

Deroberson

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Truly a great loss for our community and the marque, condolences to Matthew and the family! Tailwinds and fair skies, R.I.P. Sid.

Dave